Happy World Book Day!
We at Green-Schools love our books, and our staff wanted to share a few of their favourites with a Green Theme for you to enjoy. With something for readers of all ages to enjoy…
1. Are you familiar with our Global Goals Book Club? There are great resources here for teachers or parents to link activities to the stories. Jessica highly recommends it!
EXPLORE THE BOOK CLUB HERE.
2. Lucy recommends Greta and the Giants, inspired by Greta Thunberg, as well as Not for me, please!: I choose to act green. This is a book about one boy’s journey to take action.
3. Robert has shared his 3 picks below:
Listen to the Land Speak, We Are Nature and Ireland’s Trees. Why not check them out and see what you learn?
4. Lukasz has written a whole blog post with several great book recommendations- it’s brilliant! read it here.
5. Sheila recommends This Is Our World: From Amazon to Alaska – Meet 20 Children Just Like You. This book gives a wonderful picture of how children in different parts of the world experience their day to day.
6. And finally, for older readers, Jennifer recommends two books by Irish writers, Full Tilt by Dervla Murphy and An Irish Atlantic Rainforest by Eoghan Dalton.