Water Poster Competition 2019
Green-Schools are delighted to announce the details of this year’s Green-Schools Water Poster Competition. This is the sixth year we have run this prestigious competition in partnership with Irish Water. Last year we received in excess of 2,000 entries.
Promotional posters have been sent to eligible schools (schools currently working on, or previously awarded for, the Water theme) and you can also download an A3 copy below.
The theme of this year’s competition is Conserve Our Water. There are many ways to interpret and approach this theme and judges will be looking for innovative and creative ideas. The poster can be a combination of text and illustrations or just illustrations.
- Each of the 12 Regional winners will be awarded a tablet computer (student prize).
- In addition to the tablet computer, each of the three National Category winners will also receive €500 for their school – to be spent by their Green-Schools committee as they see fit.
- Individual Regional and National winners will receive a professionally mounted and framed version of their poster.
The deadline for entries to the competition is Friday, March 1st, 2019. You can view our terms and conditions information here.
There are three categories for winning posters:
- Junior Primary (Infants – 2nd class)
- Senior Primary (3rd – 6th class)
- Secondary School (1st – 6th year)
Regional Winners will be selected from four regions.Dublin County
- Dublin City, Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown, South Dublin, Fingal
- Wicklow, Kildare, Laois, Carlow, Offaly, Westmeath, Longford, Meath and Louth
- Donegal, Leitrim, Sligo, Cavan, Monaghan, Galway City and County, Mayo, Clare and Roscommon
- Kilkenny, Wexford, Waterford, Tipperary, Cork City and County, Kerry and Limerick
We are accepting a maximum of 10 A3 entries per category, per school, but suggest you could initially run an in-school competition to determine the entries you wish to submit as this will link to Step Six of the Green-Schools programme: Involving and Informing.
Please ensure all entries are named and categorised and include school name and contact information on the reverse side of the poster. Entries should be accompanied by contact details for the Green-Schools coordinator (name, phone number and email address) for correspondence purposes.
Don’t forget to share your school’s poster ideas and inspiration with @GreenSchoolsIre and @IrishWater using #Conservewater on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. We hope you enjoy taking part in the competition and look forward to receiving your entries!