Green-Schools Irish Water Poster Competition 2018
As part of the Green-Schools Irish Water Awards 2018 students were invited to enter the Irish Water Poster Competition 2018. The focus of the message was Water and water conservation and participating students were briefed with the theme: Water & the Environment
The poster competition encouraged students to look around them and see the role that water plays in their environment – from investigating where their water comes from to looking at the biodiversity in their area that water supports.
The Green-Schools Water theme works to create awareness within the school and wider community on issues such as water conservation, protection and treatment, and also empowers students to take action to conserve and protect water in their daily lives.
11 winners of the annual Green-Schools Water Poster Competition were awarded at the ceremony for their colourful depictions of the theme “Water and the Environment”.
Overall Winner: Marita O’Hanlon, St. Nathy’s College, Co. Roscommon
• Regional Winner: David Corish, Ramsgrange Community School, New Ross, Co. Wexford
• Regional Winner: Saoirse Laird, Old Bawn Community School, Tallaght, Dublin 24
Senior Primary (3rd – 6th class)
Overall Winner: Ava Palasz, Newport National School, Newport Co. Mayo
• Regional Winner: William Stokes, Baltydaniel National School, Mallow, Co. Cork
• Regional Winner: Sarah Cooray, Castleknock Educate Together National School, Dublin 15
• Regional Winner: Hilary Gonzales, St. David’s National School, Naas, Co. Kildare
Junior Primary (Infants – 2nd class)
Overall Winner: Eabha McNamara, St. Mochulla’s National School, Tulla, Co. Clare
• Regional Winner: Eoghan O’Connell, Baltydaniel National School, Mallow, Co. Cork
• Regional Winner: Daisy Whelan, Scoil Mhuire, Lakelands, Dublin 4
• Regional Winner: Alexandra Deliu, Scoil Mhuire Gan Smal, Co. Carlow