Green-Schools Ambassador Programme
We are pleased to announce details of this year’s Green-Schools Ambassador Programme.
In partnership with Irish Water this free programme will focus on the Green-Schools Water theme. Secondary school students are asked to apply to become ambassadors and those that are successful will attend a one day workshop in November and a support session in January. The workshop will include:
- Speakers in the field of engineering,
- Talks from the Green-Schools and Clean Coasts Programmes,
- Water related activities (e.g. experiment, videos, quiz),
- Careers advice
- Media tips
- Field trip to a water or wastewater treatment plant
The programme, which is open to all years, will be held nationwide (Westmeath, Cork and Dublin). Students that complete the training day will then share what they learn with their schools and community and attend a support session in January which will provide a chance to share ideas and learn from last year’s ambassadors. Students will be required to complete a brief progress report in February (deadline: 15 February) and a short report in April (deadline: 6 April) to let us know what support they may need during the programme and how they passed on their knowledge. All students accepted to the programme will be Green-Schools ambassadors however three students will be chosen as Green-Schools Regional Ambassadors based on all reports submitted and will be awarded at a prestigious ceremony on May 4, 2017 (TBC).
Why take part?
- Will provide career guidance in the field of engineering
- Background in the Green-Schools programme
- Improve communication skills
- Learn about the marine environment
- All participants will receive goodie bags, ambassador hoodies, lunch and, on completion, a certificate
- Additionally, chosen regional ambassadors will receive a trophy and prize
- Fun and interactive!
To apply complete our application form below and return to Green-Schools before Monday, October 10, 2016.
- Green-Schools Ambassador Application Form (please note: Adobe Reader is required to complete this form)
|October||Application Deadline Monday, October 10|
|January ’17||Support/progress meetings|
|February||Progress reports due Wednesday, February 15|
|April||Final reports due Thursday, April 6|
|May||Water Awards for Regional Ambassadors Thursday, May 4|