Calling all Primary and Secondary school teachers!
The Green-Schools Summer Course is running online from July 5th-9th, 9.30am to 2.30pm daily.
- €50 for the week – register and pay at the link below
- 3 EPV days approved
- Virtual face-to-face, taking place on Zoom
- Places are limited to 25 so sign up early
Green-Schools and the Global Goals
In 2015, world leaders agreed to 17 Global Goals (officially known as the Sustainable Development Goals or SDGs). These goals have the power to create a better world by 2030, by ending poverty, fighting inequality and addressing the urgency of climate change. We have under a decade of action left to achieve these goals. We want to show you how your work on the Green-Schools Programme can help.
Each day of the course focuses on one Green-Schools theme and an overarching Global Goal. By the end of the week you will be able to make clear links between your work on the Green-Schools programme and all of the Global Goals.
- Day 1 : Global Citizenship themes, Intro to the Global Goals (SDGS) and SDG4: Quality Education
- Day 2: Litter and Waste, Energy and SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- Day 3: Travel and Marine Environment and SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Day 4: Water and SDG 14: Life Below Water
- Day 5: Biodiversity and SDG 15: Life on Land
Feedback from our 2020 Course
Last year was a challenge to take our much loved face to face course online and we think it was a big hit. Here’s what some of last year’s participants had to say:
This was an extraordinarily well-delivered course by a team of committed, enthusiastic and knowledgeable facilitators. To be able to facilitate a Face-to-Face course on Zoom in the manner that they did, was exceptional. To a person, they displayed a dedicated, supportive, professional approach throughout the week, making the experience a thoroughly enjoyable one.
I loved the course. It has been the nicest CPD course I’ve ever done. It was the right amount of informative and active.
Very professionally run. Engaging and enthusiastic course facilitators & presenters. Diverse range of material. Seamless integration of presentation, chatroom and active activities. Extensive resources; presentations, videos, quizzes, activities. By far the most enjoyable, informative and engaging course I have ever participated in.