Green-Schools Expo 2018
Dublin, Dublin D04 AK83 Ireland
The Green-Schools Expo is back! Join us in the Industries Hall of the RDS on Thursday, February 22nd 2018 for another jam-packed event focused on Climate Action and what we can do in our schools, home and communities to combat climate change. The Expo is operated in partnership with the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment.
The 2018 Expo will have
- Exhibits from Ireland’s top Green-Schools
- Free admission – register for tickets below
- Six themed zones jam packed with activities and information for all ages
- A hands-on workshop area – details below
- The Climate Lab zone
- A #myclimateaction pledge wall for your promises – a great spot for a #greenschools selfie!
- Our bigger, better EPA Eco Talks Arena
- 16 stands showcasing initiatives, programmes, services and goods to help your school
- and much more!
Click here to read more about our 2018 EPA Eco Talks Speakers and to download a timetable so you don’t miss out!
If you’re attending the Expo don’t forget to drop into our Workshops Zone. We’ll have three different workshops taking place in the zone, focusing on creative upcycling, reuse, and recycled art. The workshops will be a great opportunity to bring ideas back to your school for future projects and awareness raising. Our providers are:
- The Nu Workshop
- Jane Groves
- Emily Archer
Our Climate Lab
The Climate Lab will be a hub of interaction and creativity, with the aim of having some fun while learning about climate change. We are thrilled to have RTE’s weather forecaster and Head of Forecasting with Met Éireann Evelyn Cusack on hand to help students deliver their very own weather forecast for Ireland in the year 2050. There will also be a newsdesk to allow students deliver climate-related news bulletins for 22nd February, 2050. We have a very fun Higher/Lower game show style quiz, where teams are pitted against each other about their knowledge of eco-actions! In our Flood Defence Competition, students can build their very own flood defence system and see how well it withstands a flood – overall winners will win prizes! As if all that wasn’t enough, renewable energy models and other climate related games will be available to keep everyone busy having climate fun all day long.
Share your Expo Experience
Join us in our social media corner at the Expo where we’ll have two large blackboard set up for you to share your Climate Action pledge. Share your selfies, photos and pledges using #myclimateaction and #greenschools and we’ll be sharing the best pledges. On the day you can follow us on Twitter @GreenSchoolsIre; Instagram and Facebook for live updates and photos!
- Irish Water – Water Zone
- Irish Aid – Global Citizenship Zone
- Transport for Ireland & Smarter Travel Schools – Travel Zone
- Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht & National Parks and Wildlife Service – Biodiversity Zone
- EcoPower – Energy Zone
- Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government – Marine Litter
Along with our Zone Supporters who are supporting our six themed zones we will have 16 stands featuring programmes; initaitives; products and services which might help your school in tackling environmental issues in your community. Our 16 exhibiting stands for 2018 are:
- Clean Coasts’ Think Before You Flush Campaign
- The #2minutestreetclean campaign and National Spring Clean programme
- Down2Earth Materials
- Green-Campus Ireland
- British & Irish Modern Music Institute (BIMM)
- GLOBE Programme & EPA
- LEAF (Learning about Forests) Programme
- Airfield Estate
- Eco Natural Paper
- WEEE Ireland
- The Rediscovery Centre
- Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI)
- Bord Iascaigh Mhara, Ireland’s Seafood Development Agency
- Neat Streets Programme
Register for tickets below!
- You can register for up to 35 tickets.
- Each person attending in a group must hold a ticket: ie. a group of 23 children and two teachers must register for 25 tickets.
- If you wish to attend in a group larger than 35 people you can purchase additional tickets under another Eventbrite username
- Please not do register for more tickets than you need as the event is popular and we hope to accommodate as many school groups as possible in our four timeslots
- Ticket holders must go to the timeslot they register for. The timeslots allow Green-Schools to accommodate as many people as possible while adhering to health and safety guidelines and giving everyone the space they need to enjoy the event to its fullest
- If you miss your timeslot we cannot guarantee entry nor can we change timeslots once they have sold out. Once a timeslot sells out we will start a waitlist but cannot guarantee tickets
- If you cannot attend the event and have registered for tickets please cancel your order as this will allow those on a waitlist to attend in your place