Welcome to Biodiversity Week 2021!
We have an action-packed programme for the week ahead, with lots of engaging activities, competitions and online events. Why not join us for a day or two or all five!
The overall aim of the week is to help you to discover:
- How many species can you find at your school this week? and
- How does that compare to other schools, around the country?
By taking part your school will cover some crucial work building towards your next Green Flag for Biodiversity. We are here to help!
How it works:
- Select any or all topics of interest (we will focus on one topic each day)
- Download the topic Activities Sheet(s)
- Download the topic Record Sheet(s).
- If you can (depending on the day) watch the video or tune in to the Online Event for additional information, ideas, to ask any questions and possibly even for help with species identification.
- Run the Activity
- During the Activity take photos of the plants and animals that you find.
- Create and Share your Record Sheet(s)
- Once back in the classroom, pop the photos into the Record Sheet. Following the template, include the name of the species that you have photographed, being as accurate as you can be.
- PLEASE: Label your Record Sheets with SCHOOL NAME, COUNTY and TOPIC.
- Email your records (however many/few) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by MAY 26th to be in with a chance to WIN lots of fabulous PRIZES.
There will be a main prize per day of biodiversity gifts and vouchers, along with the odd spot prize, AND we will have an overall WINNER for the week. Winners will be announced May 31st
Schools’ Record Sheets will be scored on:
- Engagement levels; i.e. number of students and classes taking part in the activities per day, and throughout the week.
- The accuracy and diversity of species, habitats or cloud types recorded, as appropriate.
- Any particularly interesting species found!