So how do you think our oceans should be used in the future?
Do you envision more recreation – more swimming, paddleboarding and surfing? Do you think we should harness the ocean’s energy and create electricity from waves? Do you think we could create more tourism around our seas? Should there be more fishing, using bigger boats, or less fishing, and smaller boats? Include things that you feel are important to our oceans, like coastal communities, protected areas for animals to live in, and ways of tackling marine litter. We want to hear from you!
How to enter:
- Click here to download the Terms and Conditions, for full entry rules.
- Create an A3 size poster on the theme “What I’d like to see for the Sea”.
- Entries can be accepted from individual students only (no group entries!), and there is a limit of one poster per student.
There are four age categories:
- Infants (Junior – Senior Infants)
- Junior Primary (1st – 3rd class)
- Senior Primary (4th – 6th class)
- Secondary School (1st – 6th Year)
Original entries must be posted to the address below:
Green-Schools Marine Competition,
An Taisce, Tailors’ Hall,
Back Lane, Dublin 8, D08 X2A3.
All entries must contain the following information written clearly on the back of each individual poster:
- Student’s name
- Student’s class or year (e.g. 1st class, TY etc.),
- The age category the poster is being entered under.
- School’s full address including county and EirCode.
- School’s phone number
For full details on how to enter, see the Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions related to competition, please contact Jennifer at email@example.com.
Don’t forget to share your school’s poster ideas and inspiration with us on social media by tagging @GreenSchoolsIre and using #See4theSea. We hope you enjoy taking part in the competition and look forward to receiving your entries!