Water Conservation Photo Competition Week
With all the dry weather the last few months, water levels are down and we all need to conserve water to ensure supply for essential water use like washing hands. Even with the recent rain it will take a long time for the water supply to build up. Also, by not using as much water you save on the energy it takes to treat and pump water so you’re saving on carbon emissions too. For this reason, Green Schools (sponsored by Irish Water) are holding an exciting competition to promote water conservation.
What are the prizes:
We have five GoPro HERO7 Waterproof Digital Action Cameras
And five DROGRACE Kids Waterproof Digital Video Cameras
Each winning entry will receive one of each.
Who can enter:
- The competition is open to all primary and secondary school students resident in the Republic of Ireland but entries must be submitted by an adult (18 or over).
How to enter:
- Share a photograph on Instagram or Twitter of a water conservation action being carried out by the student (on their own or with other people), to your personal Instagram page or Twitter account, tagging @greenschoolsire and using the hashtags #ConserveWater and #GSCompetition. Tell the story of the water conservation being done. You need to put your photo up between the 22nd and 26th of June.
How will it be judged:
The photos will be judged on the:
- the quality of water conservation being done;
- how well the photo persuades others to conserve water; and
- the quality of the composition and look of the photo.
How will winners be contacted:
Each winner will be notified via direct message to the Instagram account they entered on or by a reply to their tweet. They can then send their name and address to receive the prize.
Terms and Conditions:
Click here to read the Terms and Conditions.
Want to know what you can do to conserve water?