There are many ways to interpret this year’s competition theme: Valuing Water. The theme is inspired by the theme for World Water Day 2021.
- Visit the UN World Water Day page here (it will be updated for 2021 in December 2020)
When speaking about this year’s theme in your classroom or among your school group a good place to begin the discussion is around the two water-focused Global Goals: numbers 6 and 14, Clean Water and Sanitation and Life Below Water.
The Global Goals website’s Resources section has further information on each goal, along with videos, materials, campaign information and images that could all be used as inspiration to begin working on posters or videos: https://www.globalgoals.org/resources
The World’s Largest Lesson website is a great resource for schools to help teach about the Global Goals. Their page on Goal 6 is: http://worldslargestlesson.globalgoals.org/global-goals/clean-water-sanitation/ and their page on Goal 14 is: http://worldslargestlesson.globalgoals.org/global-goals/life-below-water/.
- The videos should inspire actions in others and carry a message linked to the competition’s theme!
- Don’t forget the theme! Keep this year’s theme in mind when creating your video; we love seeing how our themes are interpreted each year and can’t wait to see what this year’s entries will do with the theme.
- Don’t use any music for which you do not own the rights. If you search for royalty-free music online you should be able to find music that fits your video without incurring any copyright issues.
- Make sure you film your videos in landscape. As this is a requirement, any videos submitted in the portrait orientation will not be considered for the prize.
- Ensure you have plenty of light and there is not too much background noise when videoing so everything is clear.
- Have fun!
If you have any questions about this year’s competition, your entries or your school’s eligibility please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
View last year’s winning video entry on our YouTube page.