We are pleased to announce our 8th annual Green-Schools Irish Water Poster Competition! This year’s competition’s theme is Valuing Water, which aligns with the theme for World Water Day 2021.
We are also continuing to hold a Secondary Schools Video Category this year. Details of the video competition can be found here: https://greenschoolsireland.org/water-video-competition-2021/
The deadline for entries to this year’s competition is Friday, February 26, 2021.
Competition details & downloads
We are accepting a maximum of 10 entries per category, per school, but suggest you could initially run an in-school competition to determine the entries you wish to submit as this will link to Step Six of the Green-Schools programme: Involving and Informing.
We have sent a poster and information on the competition’s terms and conditions to all eligible schools which will be arriving soon. You can read a copy of our T&Cs by clicking here: https://greenschoolsireland.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/TCs-7.pdf
The age categories for entry are:
- Junior Primary (Infants – 2nd class)
- Senior Primary (3rd – 6th class)
- Secondary School (1st – 6th year)
- Secondary School Video Competition (1st – 6th year, max group of 20 students per video submission)
and the regional areas are:
- Dublin County: Dublin City, Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown, South Dublin, Fingal
- Eastern/Midlands: Wicklow, Kildare, Laois, Carlow, Offaly, Westmeath, Longford, Meath and Louth
- Northern/Western region: Donegal, Leitrim, Sligo, Cavan, Monaghan, Galway City and County, Mayo, Clare and Roscommon
- Southern region: Kilkenny, Wexford, Waterford, Tipperary, Cork City and County, Kerry and Limerick
Video Competition Guidelines and Downloads
Details of the video competition can be found here: https://greenschoolsireland.org/water-video-competition-2021/
Theme: Valuing Water