Water Poster Competition 2017
We are excited to announce details of this year’s Green-Schools Irish Water Poster Competition. This is the fourth year we have run this competition in partnership with Irish Water. Last year we received in excess of 2,500 entries!
Promotional posters have been sent to eligible schools and you can also download versions in English and Irish below.
- Poster Competition: Primary Schools
- Poster Competition: Secondary Schools
- Comórtas Póstaeir: Bunscoileanna
- Comórtas Póstaeir: Meanscoileanna
The theme of this year’s competition is Global Goal 6: Clean Water & Sanitation. The targets of this Global Goal are:
- By 2030, achieve universal and equitable access to safe and affordable drinking water for all
- By 2030, achieve access to adequate and equitable sanitation and hygiene for all and end open defecation, paying special attention to the needs of women and girls and those in vulnerable situations
- By 2030, improve water quality by reducing pollution, eliminating dumping and minimizing release of hazardous chemicals and materials, halving the proportion of untreated wastewater and substantially increasing recycling and safe reuse globally
- By 2030, substantially increase water-use efficiency across all sectors and ensure sustainable withdrawals and supply of freshwater to address water scarcity and substantially reduce the number of people suffering from water scarcity
- By 2030, implement integrated water resources management at all levels, including through transboundary cooperation as appropriate
- By 2020, protect and restore water-related ecosystems, including mountains, forests, wetlands, rivers, aquifers and lakes
- By 2030, expand international cooperation and capacity-building support to developing countries in water- and sanitation-related activities and programmes, including water harvesting, desalination, water efficiency, wastewater treatment, recycling and reuse technologies
- Support and strengthen the participation of local communities in improving water and sanitation management
The aim of the competition is for individual students to design an A3 poster which best illustrates the theme above.
Each of the 12 Regional winners will be awarded a tablet computer to the value of €250, (student prize).
Each of the 3 National Category winners will also receive €500 for their school – to be spent by their Green-Schools committee as they see fit.
Individual National winners will also receive a professionally mounted and framed version of their poster
The deadline for entries to the competition is Friday, February 17 2017. You can view our terms and conditions and regional information here.