Water Conservation Photo Competition 2022
**Deadline extended for entries until Friday, June 24th**
Green-Schools are excited to announce our 2022 “Water Conservation” photo competition in partnership with Irish Water. Water is our most valuable resource but, during the drier summer months, water levels can often become low and even when it rains again it can take a long time for the water supply to build back up.
The water that comes out of our taps has been treated and cleaned for three days in a water treatment plant before being pumped to our homes, so by saving water, we can save energy and reduce our carbon emissions. We invite you to share your water-saving actions with us by entering our Water Conservation Photo Competition – not only will you be raising awareness, you will also be in with a chance to win some great prizes!
What are the prizes?
- We have five GoPro HERO8 Waterproof Digital Action Cameras
- And five Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 instant cameras
Each winning entry will receive one of each.
Who can enter:
- The competition is open to all primary and secondary school students resident in the Republic of Ireland but entries must be submitted by an adult (18 or over).
How to enter:
- Parents or guardians: you share a photograph on Instagram or Twitter of a water conservation action being carried out by the student (on their own or with other people), to your personal Instagram page or Twitter account, tagging @GreenSchoolsIre and using the hashtags #ConserveWater and #GSCompetition22. Tell the story of the water conservation being done. You need to upload your photo entry between the 8th and 24th June 2022.
How will it be judged:
The photos will be judged on:
- the quality of water conservation being carried out;
- how well the photo persuades others to conserve water; and
- the quality of the composition and look of the photo.
How will winners be contacted:
Each winner will be notified via direct message to the Instagram account they entered on or by a reply to their tweet. They can then send their name and address to receive the prize.
Terms and Conditions:
Click here to read the Terms and Conditions.
We had some fantastic winners last year. Check them out here.
Want to know what you can do to conserve water?