Water Ambassador Applications now open!
*Deadline extended to Friday, October 20*
We are pleased to announce the third year of our Water Ambassador Programme for secondary school students (from schools who are working on, or have already completed, the Water theme). In partnership with Irish Water this free programme will focus on the Green-Schools Water theme. Secondary school students are asked to apply to become ambassadors and those that are successful will attend a one day workshop in November and a support session in March (some will receive a school visit).
The workshop will include:
- Speakers in the field of engineering,
- Talks from the Green-Schools and Clean Coasts Programmes,
- Water related activities (e.g. experiment, videos, quiz)
- Careers advice
- Media tips
- Field trip to a water or wastewater treatment plant
The programme, which is open to all secondary schools year groups in schools that are on, or have completed, the Water theme, will be held nationwide and will run from November 22, 2017 in three locations: Roscommon (24th November), Limerick (22nd November) and Dublin (29th November). Students that complete the training day will then share what they learn with their schools and communities and attend a support session in March which will provide a chance to share ideas and learn from last year’s Ambassadors.
Students will be required to complete a brief progress report in February (deadline Friday 2nd) to let us know what support they may need during the programme and a short final report in April (deadline Monday 16th) to show how they passed on their knowledge. All students accepted to the programme will be Green-Schools Ambassadors however four students will be chosen as Green-Schools Regional Ambassadors based on all reports submitted and will be awarded at a prestigious ceremony on May 3rd, 2018.
Why take part?
- Will provide career guidance in the field of engineering
- Background in the Green-Schools programme
- Improve communication skills
- Learn about the marine environment
- All participants will receive goodie bags, ambassador hoodies, lunch and, on completion, a certificate
- Additionally, chosen Regional Ambassadors will receive a trophy and prize
- Fun and interactive!
To apply complete the application form below and email to Ruth Gaj-McKeever at email@example.com. The deadline for applications has been extended to Friday 20th of October 2017.