Secondary schools – Register for the Neat Streets Programme 2020/21
An Taisce’s Neat Streets Programme has opened registration for the 2020/21 academic year, and this year is extra special as Neat Streets celebrates their 10th year of students taking action for their environment! Spaces are limited, so if your school is interested, please complete the registration form here.
Neat Streets is Ireland’s #1 Anti-Litter and Waste Programme for Secondary Schools. The programme is divided up into a number of primary stages over the academic year from registration to awards to help participants run a successful anti-litter and waste campaign. Each school will develop a Neat Streets model that best suits its own circumstances, as schools will identify different priorities and set specific targets following initial investigations. Participating students are given flexibility to design a project they feel will be most effective in reaching their schoolmates and also engaging the wider community, with novel and creative ideas encouraged. An Taisce provides ongoing support, training, and equipment. Neat Streets works with schools tackling litter and waste. On record, 90% of all participating schools on the green flag for Litter and Waste go on to achieve the green flag. Neat Streets has worked with over 200 secondary schools, check out some of their Success Stories here.
Here’s how Neat Streets can support YOU and your school!
- Mindset, mentoring, and leadership on environmental issues
- Effective methods for engaging students on the topic of litter and waste
- An enjoyable and creative space which ensures progress
- Structure and planning guidance
- High-quality resources
- Effective school improvement
- Appropriate and up to date topics
- An environmental programme designed specifically for generation Z !
The Neat Streets Programme can facilitate the following:
- Curriculum linkages
- A CSPE Action Project
- A Transition Year project
- Support with Green-Schools Litter and Waste Flag
- Support with Green-Schools Global Citizenship Litter and Waste Flag
*COVID-19* This year the Neat Streets Programme will have an even more flexible design to support and facilitate teachers and students as they navigate the newly imposed Covid-19 restrictions. This will include actions such as virtual school visits, virtual workshops, and getting ourselves outside into nature.