Green-Schools Irish Water Poster Competition 2020 Results
This year’s Green-Schools Irish Water Poster Competition focused on the message: “Let’s take Climate Action for Water” which aligned with the theme for World Water Day 2020 while incorporating a positive message of action. This year we also added a new Secondary Schools Video Category.
The poster competition encouraged students to investigate the relationship between water and climate change such as water scarcity, effects on marine life, flooding, etc. and the importance of conservation and other actions. The Green-Schools Water theme itself works to create awareness within the school and wider community on issues such as water conservation, protection and treatment, and also empowers students to take action to conserve and protect water in their daily lives.
A huge number of fantastically creative and high quality entries were received, and after a long judging session we finally selected the winners for each category. The overall national winners in each category will be announced at the Green-Schools Irish Water Awards 2020, planned for September, when the prizes will be presented.
Congratulations to all the winners and well done to everyone who entered.
• Dublin Regional Winner: James Jones, St Mark’s Community School, Tallaght, Co. Dublin
• East/Midlands Regional Winner: Hanna Mary Biju, Scoil Chríost Rí, Portlaoise, Co. Laois
• West/North Regional Winner: Eoin Conneely, Ballinrobe Community School, Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo
• South Regional Winner: Katie O’Connor, Castleisland Community College, Tonbwee, Castleisland, Co. Kerry
Senior Primary (3rd – 6th class)
• Dublin Regional Winner: Ellen Shelton, St Vincent de Paul GNS, Griffith Avenue, Dublin 9
• East/Midlands Regional Winner: Alex and Anastasia Logovenko, Ashbourne ETNS, Co. Meath
• West/North Regional Winner: Roisín Fallon, Ballaghlea NS, Ballygar, Co. Galway
• South Regional Winner: Aoife Lawrence, Dualla NS, Cashel, Co. Tipperary
Junior Primary (Infants – 2nd class)
• Dublin Regional Winner: Chloe Dunne, St Brigid’s Primary School, Glasnevin, Dublin 11
• East/Midlands Regional Winner: Ada Davis Flynn, St Joseph’s NS, Tullamore, Co. Offaly
• West/North Regional Winner: Amy Hussey, Lisaniskey NS, Donamon, Co. Roscommon
• South Regional Winner: Michaela Coholan, Ballinspittle NS, Ballinspittle, Co. Cork
Video Competition Winner
• Ballymakenny College, Drogheda, Co. Louth.
View the gallery of winners below:
View the video winning entry here: