Meet the Green-Schools Expo Speakers!
The Green-Schools Expo is a little over a fortnight away and we can’t wait! This year’s Expo will feature an expanded EPA Eco-Talks zone, with 19 speakers spread across our four time-slots.
We’re thrilled to have such a great selection of amazing speakers, from lots of different areas connected to climate change, sustainability, our environment and environmental education. Our speakers will appeal to all age groups and will have something for everyone. The latter three timeslots will conclude with a Q&A Panel featuring our speakers.
Tickets are sold out for our first three timeslots but still available for the 3.30pm – 5.30pm Group D timeslot. This is an ideal time for groups and families living locally to drop by, hear from our speakers and visit the many zones, workshops and stands we’ll have on the day.
- 9.45am: Dr. Michael John O’Mahony, Director of An Taisce’s Environmental Education Unit
- 9.55am: Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment, Denis Naughten TD
- 10.05am: Lesley Jones, FEE President (Foundation for Environmental Education): How Eco-Schools is taking action on Climate Change
- 10.15am: UN Youth Delegates Lauren Flanagan and Paul Dockery on Ireland’s delegation to the UN General Assembly
- 10.35am: Linda Conway, Founder, Stiall.com on ethical practices and sustainability in fashion
- 10.55am: Q&A Panel
- 11.45am: Emeritus Professor John Sweeney, ICARUS, Maynooth University
- 12.05pm: Dr. Tomás Murray, National Biodiversity Data Centre – Bees: our six-legged weather vanes
- 12.25pm: Climate Ambassador Proinsias Ó Tuama on The Climate Ambassador Programme
- 12.45pm: Professor Donal O’Shea on obesity and incorporating activity
- 1.05pm: Q and A Panel
- 1.45pm: Ciara Hinksman, Earth Force Education on Forest schools in Ireland
- 2.05pm: Tony Murphy, GLOBE Programme : Introducing GLOBE
- 2.15pm: Kevin Delaney, Ambient Air Quality Team of the EPA
- 2.25pm: Zaira Rivera, Smart Dublin – solving challenges through innovation
- 2.45pm: Evelyn Cusack, Met Éireann: How do we forecast the weather and is it changing?
- 3.05pm: Q and A Panel
- 3.30pm: Lynda Huxley, GMIT Mayo & Swift Conservation Ireland – How schools can help the amazing swift
- 3.50pm: Eamon Ryan TD, Green Party on Green Business
- 4.10pm: Anja Murray, Eco Eye Presenter & Ecologist: Biodiversity in a changing climate
- 4.30pm: Q and A Panel
Click here to download a PDF of our EPA Eco-Talks timetable.