Litter Less Campaign
What is the Litter Less Campaign?
Litter Less is an international anti-litter campaign coordinated by Eco-Schools International and sponsored by Mars Wrigley. The campaign encourages students to tackle litter and waste issues in their school through regular monitoring, awareness raising and behaviour change. Participating schools are given additional financial support to go towards their Green-Schools actions.
Who can take part?
The campaign is open to primary schools currently working on the Green-Schools Litter and Waste theme. Spaces on the campaign are limited and priority will be given to schools who have not previously participated on the campaign.
What is involved?
Participating schools will be required to:
- Purchase equipment for litter picking (funding provided)
- Identify a litter/waste issue in your school and develop your Green-Schools Action Plan!
- Hold a Community Action Day
- Monitor litter & waste 6 times throughout the year and submit data in kilogrammes (meeting set deadlines)
- Teach 3 different lesson plans linked to litter and waste (provided)
- Report throughout the year & submit photos of your actions.
- Take part in an online impact survey in Spring 2021 (selected schools only)
Why take part?
By signing up to Litter Less you will receive training from Green-Schools staff, additional support and resources from Green-Schools as well as a €300 funding grant to go towards your Litter & Waste actions. It’s a great way to kick-start your Green-Schools programme and counts as extra credit on your Green Flag application. Please note that Litter Less is an additional campaign and not a substitute for carrying out an in-depth Environmental Review as part of your work towards the Green Flag award.
How do I apply?
Applications for the 2020/2021 academic year have now closed. Please check back in September 2021; for queries contact Caoimhe at firstname.lastname@example.org.