Litter Less is an international anti-litter campaign coordinated by Eco-Schools International and sponsored by Mars Wrigley. The campaign encourages students to tackle litter and waste issues in their school through regular monitoring, awareness raising and behaviour change.
Litter Less Mini Campaign – October 2021
This October we are excited to launch the Litter Less Mini-Campaign in which ALL primary schools are invited to take part 😊 We will be teaming up with Climate Action Week and inviting you to take part in seven eco-challenges this October!
How does it work?
- Register your school at this link to let us know you’re taking part.
- Download the information about the daily challenges here, students can take the starter survey, then follow the instructions and carry out the actions in class between 11th October and mid-term on the 22nd. Students are welcome to keep carrying out actions over the Halloween break and have their parents share their work through social media. There’s no pressure to do particular actions on particular days, we just want you have fun and enjoy taking part! 🙂
- Share photos or videos of your activities with us through social media by tagging us @GreenSchoolsIre and using #LitterLessCampaign and #ClimateActionWeek to be in with a chance of winning spot prizes throughout October!
- Take part in the Zero Waste video competition to be in with a chance of winning €100 for your school! Make a short (less than 1-minute!) video of your zero-waste day and share it on Facebook or Instagram tagging @GreenSchoolsIre and using the hashtag #LitterLessCampaign. The deadline for video entries is Friday 12th November, for further information see Action 5: Zero Waste Day.
- We can’t wait to see what you get up to! 🙂