We are pleased to announce our seventh annual Green-Schools Irish Water Poster Competition! This year’s competition’s theme is Let’s Take Climate Action for Water, which aligns with the theme for World Water Day 2020: Water & Climate Change.
This year we have added a new Secondary Schools Video Category, and we’re asking individuals or groups (max 20 people) to interpret the competition theme in a video format. The video competition prize is a one-day Video Workshop with a production company who will show your group how to create professional video content using free and easily available tools, along with €500 for your school.
The deadline for entries to this year’s competition is Friday, March 6, 2020.
Competition details & downloads
We are accepting a maximum of 10 entries per category, per school, but suggest you could initially run an in-school competition to determine the entries you wish to submit as this will link to Step Six of the Green-Schools programme: Involving and Informing.
We have sent a poster and information on the competition’s terms and conditions to all eligible schools. You can read a copy of our T&Cs by clicking here.
The age categories for entry are:
- Junior Primary (Infants – 2nd class)
- Senior Primary (3rd – 6th class)
- Secondary School (1st – 6th year)
- Secondary School Video Competition (1st – 6th year, max group of 20 students per video submission)
and the regional areas are:
- Dublin County: Dublin City, Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown, South Dublin, Fingal
- Eastern/Midlands: Wicklow, Kildare, Laois, Carlow, Offaly, Westmeath, Longford, Meath and Louth
- Northern/Western region: Donegal, Leitrim, Sligo, Cavan, Monaghan, Galway City and County, Mayo, Clare and Roscommon
- Southern region: Kilkenny, Wexford, Waterford, Tipperary, Cork City and County, Kerry and Limerick
Video competition guidelines
This year’s video competition is open to entries from secondary school students only. Students can enter as individuals or in groups up to a maxiumum of 20 people. The prize for this year’s winner/winners is a one-day Video Workshop in your school provided by a company through Green-Schools, to include catering on the day, along with €500 towards video equipment or your Green-Schools committee. The prize is for a maximum number of 20 participants and will be organised with the winning student/s’ school following notification of the award in late March 2020.
Videos must be submitted in landscape only and be no longer than 3 minutes in length. Videos can be submitted in three ways:
- via Dropbox to: email@example.com
- via Whatsapp to 087-0679947
- or posted on a USB key to Green-Schools Irish Water Poster Competition, An Taisce Education Unit, 5a Swifts Alley, Francis Street, Dublin 8, D08TN88. Please note that we cannot return USB keys.
All entries should be accompanied by the names and year group information of the student/s who created the video along with their Green-Schools Coordinator’s contact details and school information. Entries submitted without this information will not be considered.
Theme: Let’s take climate action for water