Water Forums 2018/2019
The forums are student led interactive workshops that have plenty of activities to engage participants, provide an opportunity for them to share their ideas and knowledge as well as learn how to successfully carry out the water theme and future themes. Green-Schools students currently on the Water programme are invited to register to take part in the Water Forums.
There are many benefits to attending the forums:
- They are great opportunity for Green-Schools on all stages of the water theme to get some fresh ideas and inspiration.
- They provide useful tips for schools looking to send in a water application for March 2019 and ideas to kick start a lagging programme.
- Schools that attend will receive new resources: a USB (4gb) with useful information, water saving devices and will be able to avail of a water saving demonstration pack for display during action days.
- A model school will showcase how they successfully achieved their Green Flag for their work on the Water theme.
- There will be fun and games on the day.
- They help and encourage students to take ownership of their Green-Schools programme.
An Taisce Green-Schools Officers will be available on the day to answer any questions you have about your ‘Water’ programme and Green-Schools in general.
Water Forums Timetable 2018/2019: (Dates may be subject to change)
Primary SchoolsDublin City.
- October 12th, Pearse Street Library
- November 6th, Pearse Street Library
- November 14th, Kilkenny (venue TBC)
- November 16th, Cootehill (venue TBC)
- November 27th, Cork (venue TBC)
- November 29th, Cork County (venue TBC)
- December 5th, Ennis (venue TBC)
- January 15th, Letterkenny (venue TBC)
- January 17th, Galway City or Loughrea (venue TBC)
- January 23rd, Killarney (venue TBC)
- January 23rd, Mayo Claremorris (venue TBC)
- January 24th, Meath Navan(venue TBC)
- February 4th, Naas (venue TBC)
- February 6th, Roscrea (venue TBC)
- February 7th, Enniscorthy: Riverside Park Hotel and Leisure Club
- February 8th, Tallaght (venue TBC)
- February 12th, Clonmel (venue TBC)
Secondary SchoolsSouth Dublin, Kildare, Kilkenny, North Tipp, Offaly, Carlow, Wicklow.
- October 16th, Keadeen Hotel, Newbridge
- October 18th, Cork (Venue TBC)
- October 24th, Pearse Street Library
- October 22nd, CityNorth Hotel, Meath
Contact the Green-Schools Office to book into any of the above events and for further details:
email@example.com or 01-4002226