Discover how to explore climate change with primary students
Last summer Green-Schools ran our first online course with 52 teachers from 18 counties around Ireland and following it’s great success, we have been approved to run the same course this summer.
‘Climate Change, Science & Action’ is for Primary Teachers and will run from Monday July 6th to Friday July 31st inclusive. The 20-hour course will build on the feedback and experiences from 2019 and promises the highest level of online engagement from our dedicated Green-Schools Officers.
- By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- differentiate between weather and climate
- understand global warming and climate change
- articulate the causes and effects of climate change
- discuss examples of solutions to climate change
- evaluate climate communications
- utilise Green Schools to self-evaluate your school
- strengthen the focus of STEM and ESD in school
- create lesson plans to encourage climate action
For more detailed information on the breakdown of each module click the button link below
“Best summer course I’ve done in ages. Very informative and very strong on professional development, feel far more knowledgeable as a result of this course, and I know I will teach climate science with far more conviction going forwards.”
“Literally the best tutor feedback on any course I’ve done in twenty years. Discussion forums very interesting. Really hope Green-Schools will develop more online CPD summer courses going forward. Top marks from me.”
“Absolutely fantastic course. Great resources provided and so much knowledge gained. I felt very supported by the facilitator throughout. I feel like this is the sort of course that should become mandatory for all teachers and other professionals too. It’s time to start taking the issue of climate change seriously.”
The course is priced at €50 and features include use of the OpenLearning platform, 3 EPV days and a maximum class size of 25. Our Climate Action Officer Gráinne is happy to answer any questions at email@example.com and you can register today on the Green-Schools shop to secure your place.