Climate Change Teacher Training & Climate Ambassador Programme
Green-Schools are excited to announce the launch of the brand new Climate Action Programme in partnership with the Department of Climate Action, Communications and Environment. The programme this year includes Climate Change Teacher Training; the Climate Ambassador Programme and Climate Action Week.
Climate Change Teacher Training
Join us for a cuppa tea, a slice of cake and a conversation on climate change, science and action! Our aim is to empower teachers to confidently explore climate change as part of the National curricula! Register your interest now to secure a limited free place on our brand new teacher training sessions with our Climate Action Officers. Substitution cover will be provided for the duration of the training. It will take place from 12-2pm on the 2nd – 5th October in four regional locations:
- Monday 2nd October: Drumcondra Education Centre, Dublin
- Tuesday 3rd October: Brigit’s Garden, Galway
- Wednesday 4th October: Athlone Springs Hotel, Roscommon
- Thursday 5th October: Kilkenny Education Centre, Kilkenny
To register or find out more information email Gráinne at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01-4002222.
Climate Ambassador Programme
We want to hear from you if you’d like to raise awareness about the causes, effects and solutions of climate change and organise climate actions to make your school, campus or community more resilient to climate change while improving your local environment!
- Be part of a prestigious group of Ireland’s first ever Climate Ambassadors
- Real opportunity to take meaningful action and make a positive change
- Meet like-minded people in a fun, empowering and engaging environment
- Receive free customised training from recognised Climate Scientists and Communications Professionals in November 2017
- Ongoing support from our Climate Action Officers and extensive networks
- Take part in the first National Climate Awards in 2018 with the chance of becoming Ireland’s first Climate Hero!
Applications will be accepted from September 18 and close on Friday 20th October at 4pm.